Connect with eBay Inc. at SXSW Interactive 2014
At eBay, we celebrate innovation in technology, and what better place to do that than at South by Southwest Interactive? Speakers from eBay Inc. and some of its brands will share their expertise on several panels, and we’ve organized some cool events we hope conference attendees will enjoy. Here’s an overview of where you can find us:
- Saturday, March 8
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Developers: Take the World Stage by Storm (John Lunn, PayPal) at the Hilton, Salon JK. Learn how to take your company global, and fast.
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Mobile Means Business: Learn How to Get Ahead (Kevin Hurst, eBay) at Wanderlust, 206 E. Fourth St. Walk out knowing the best practices for developing a mobile strategy; how to embrace and spread mobile-first thinking; and how to go from executing mobile efforts to building a mobile business.
- Sunday, March 9
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Payment APIs & Ecosystem of Finance & Commerce (Robert Schwenker, PayPal) at the Omni, 700 San Jacinto. The distinction between tech and finance is blurring at an increasingly rapid pace, creating opportunities and challenges.
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Next Generation Retail Stores (Healey Cypher, eBay Inc.) at the Hyatt, Texas Ballroom 5-7. Find out about what’s worked – and what hasn’t – for retailers, emerging tech, and how brands see the future of retail. Panelists include executives from Bonobos, TOMS, and Rebecca Minkoff.
- 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Rugged Software Using Rugged Driven Development (Jeremiah Shirk, Venmo) at the AT&T Conference Center, 1900 University Ave., Classroom 105. Learn how to deliver and release ruggedized software faster and span the communication gaps between dev, ops and security teams. Attendees must register in advance. To reserve a seat and get pre-workshop info, sign up here.
- Monday, March 10
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: UX Antipatterns: Hidden Traps in Sites & Apps (Michael Boeke, Braintree) at the Convention Center, Ballroom A. Walk out with a few new items in your design toolkit, and an increased awareness (and wariness) of design conventions.
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Obama & Beyond: Political Tech in Business (Amy Gershkoff, eBay) at the Hilton, Salon E. Find out which lessons from politics do and do not apply in business, and what’s next for entrepreneurs looking to leverage the best of politics.
PayPal Social Media Lounge: Come check out our lounge, hosted by TechSet, at the Convention Center (Room 19AB) for the “Influencer by Influencer” series. Moderators Randi Zuckerberg, Sarah Evans and Guy Kawasaki will chat with Cody & Brett (creators of Hulu’s “Deadbeat” series), Brit Morin of Brit+Co, Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell and more. Lounge hours: March 7, noon to 6 pm; March 8-10, 9 am to 6 pm; March 11, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Visit the PayPal lounge to enter for a chance to win one of five iPad Minis.
- Follow @ebayinc on Twitter for a chance to win one of 10 Pebble smart watches, which run our new eBay mobile shopping app. From March 7-11, we’ll post a daily question at 10 am and accept entries until 4 pm. Just reply with your answer and tag it #ebaypebble. We’ll select the day’s winners at 5 pm.
Brain Blast by PayPal + Braintree: Did you know Snoop’s performing at the PayPal developer party? It’s a free show – bring your SXSW credentials to get in. March 9, 8 pm, Stubb’s BBQ, 801 Red River.
- PayPal: Expect special treatment when you download and use the PayPal mobile app at a ton of local businesses (many right near the Austin Convention Center). Save time by ordering ahead when you’re in a rush, check-in for easier checkout, or pay at the table without pulling out your wallet.
- SXSW GO: The official conference mobile app can help you plan your schedule, network with other attendees and find your way around Austin.